Monday, February 28, 2005

The 77th Annual Academy Awards

It's Oscar night. I haven't seen all the the relevant films, but I've seen a few and I guess I can make a stab at predicting the winners. I'll post a scorecard once the dust settles.

Best Picture: I'm not betting against Clint Eastwood, who's a favorite among the Oscar jury. Make mine Million Dollar Baby.

Best Director: Eastwood.

Best Actor: Jamie Foxx. I saw Ray, and yeah that was good enough.

Best Actress: Hilary Swank rides Dirty Harry's coattails to another Oscar.

Supporting Actor: I want to say Clive Owen, as he was pretty good in Closer, but that's rather remote. Morgan Freeman via the Eastwood steamroller.

Supporting Actress: This is a dead vote. It won't happen, but I'm going with Nat Portman. Just because.

Animated Feature: The Incredibles cannot lose. Too bad though, because Shrek 2 was fun.

Adapted Screenplay: Million Dollar Baby

Original Screenplay: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

No comments: