Sunday, July 10, 2005

Inflight viewing: SWAT (1/4)

Just finished the inflight meal so I thought I'd start a post even if I can't send it until we land.

I picked another Samuel L film, SWAT. Yes, I knew it would be forgettable. SQ unfortunately has a rather lackluster lineup of new films for July. I'll get to that in a bit. SWAT has Colin Farrell playing Sam's sidekick, in a film that's essentially a training/big event formula movie. Even the climactic mission is boring. Yet another lackluster 80s TV to big screen failure.

These are the films for July - Sahara, Fever Pitch, Kung Fu Hustle, Miss Congeniality 2, Guess Who, Beauty Shop, Man of the House, Millions, In My Country, Million Dollar Baby, Hitch, Be Cool, Robots, The Pacifier, The Wedding Date, Melinda and Melinda, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Dear Frankie, Miss Congeniality, Two Weeks Notice, Speed, The Last Samurai, Vertical Limit, The Tailor of Panama, Secret Window, I,Robot, The Missing, SWAT, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., The Prince and the Showgirl, Rebel Without a Cause, The Maltese Falcon, Caddyshack, Dirty Harry, and a bunch of non-English films. Of those the notables are Maria Full of Grace, Mar Ardento, and Mumbai Express. Phew.

No comments: